The world has gone fecking bananas. 7 months on and I’m still not used to it. Last night for instance I was out with a group of friends for dinner and no matter what we spoke about it always came back to COVID-19. At one stage mid-conversation I asked one of them is this real, are we really having this conversation and she was exactly the same, none of us are used to this and I don’t think we ever can be.
It is a waiting game. Time will pass. Everything will change again and it will all work out in the end – ‘How?’… you ask…. ‘I don’t know it always does’ … and if you’re unsure about that then I recommend you take the time to watch or rewatch ‘Shakespeare in Love.’
In the meantime it’s good to ground yourself with familiar and comforting things like these 9 bog standard basic dinners.
1. Chilli Con Carne
2. Ratatouille Chicken
3. Pan fried whiting, carrot & parsnip mash, mashed potatoes & parsley sauce
4. Bangers & Mash with red onion gravy, swede & side of crispy potato skins
5. Baked paprika chicken & potatoes with super fast veg
6. Baked Salmon, Baked courgette topped with Parmesan & lemon & chilli couscous
7. Chicken & chickpea curry
8. Spaghetti Bolognese
9. Bacon & Cabbage with mash and parsley sauce