First the stew.
As you know I’ve taken 50 of my favourite dinner recipes and bundled them together in an ebook ‘Gimme Dinner.’ One of these is Moroccan Beef Stew.
Moroccan Beef Stew
Ingredients – serves 6–8
1tbsp olive oil
1kg stewing beef pieces, e.g. shin
3 garlic cloves
3cm thumb–width piece of ginger
1tsp ground cinnamon
1tsp ground coriander
1tbsp tomato puree
2x400g cans of chopped tomatoes
2tbsp runny honey
Serve With – mashed potatoes or boiled rice, boiled green
- Preheat the oven to 150oC / Gas Mark 3.
- Peel and finely chop the onion.
- Heat the olive oil in a large casserole pot and gently fry the onion for 5 minutes over a low heat.
- Raise the heat to medium, push the onion to the sides of the pot, add the beef, and brown for 2 minutes.
- Peel and crush the garlic and finely chop or grate the ginger and then add it to the centre of the pot to cook for 1 minute.
- Add the ground cinnamon and ground coriander and cook for 1 minute.
- Add the tomato puree, canned tomatoes, water and honey and mix well.
- Cook the casserole in the oven for 2 hours with a lid on. Check it after an hour and if there are any signs of it drying out, add some more water.
(Good with buttery mashed potatoes or boiled rice, with a side of green beans.)
Next the romance.
Fridays have become my writing days. Though busy with the real job in admin I am making time for one of my other big loves which is romance fiction writing. I’ve started working on the follow-up to ‘Good Enough’ my debut romance that was just about to be published this time last year – where does the time go !!!
To write the sequel I am rereading ‘Good Enough’ to revisit my characters and remind myself of all their idiosyncrasies etc and as I started to read a few weeks ago I also started to record. What this means is that there is now a ‘Good Enough’ podcast that you can listen to for free wherever you choose to do that – check out the links down below.
Two chapters are being published every week until Christmas and I do like to think it’s a perfect read/listen for the holiday season.
Links to find the ‘Good Enough’ novel podcast by Sheila Kiely – start on chapter One :
I hope you like it!